Ask your dentist
This is the first thing you must do in order to find the best electric toothbrush which will suit your needs. Individuals differ on the sensitivity of teeth and gums. Of course, you don’t want to go for something that won’t do any good in your oral system. If you want to make sure that you will have the best electric toothbrush to care for your oral system, it would help if you see your dentist first.
Kinds Of Electric Toothbrush
There are numerous available electric toothbrush on the market today and each of them comes with its own functions. For your ease of locating the best electric toothbrush, here are a few types and their functions.
• Rotating- This is the cheapest and the most typical electric brush available. It comes with brush that has a rotating bristles.
• Rotating-oscillating-This toothbrush is very well-known and has a small, rounded head. The head of the brush oscillates and rotates in one direction on each tooth to ensure that plaques will be eliminated.
• Pulsing- This electric toothbrush comes with a pulsating move towards back and front of the teeth while spinning in order to remove plaque efficiently.
• Counter-oscillating- Toothbrush has the same head with the oscillating brush. The only difference is that the tufts of the bristles moves in other direction at the same time. Each tuft spins in the distinct direction to those next to it.
• Dual head- This is a toothbrush that has 2 heads. One head has a rotating motion while the other is sweeping from different sides.
• Side to side- This is not the typical brush in which rotates. The motion of this brush moves at a high-speed sideways causing a vibration in your teeth.
• Sonic and ultrasonic-Because this electric brush uses a high-speed vibration at varies frequencies, it is effective at eliminating plaques. It is also costly compare to a rotating brush.
The head of the brush and the battery life
When getting your own best electric toothbrush, you also have to take into account its battery life and the replacing of brush head. I bet you don’t want an electric toothbrush that requires a frequent charging. So before buying the best electric toothbrush, check if the battery will last long. Not just that, you should also know that you need to replace the brush head if you notice that the bristles are worn-out. Select an electric toothbrush with strong bristles of brush head to avoid expending a lot.
Don’t undervalue these guidelines as it will help you get the best electric toothbrush. But before purchasing one, make sure to consult your dentist and ask recommendations for the best electric toothbrush that completely suits to your teeth and gums.